Saturday, August 17, 2013

Food Update: Yes I've Been Eating

In case anyone was wondering, yes I have been eating. Albeit, its been a scattered mix of being lazy and eating out at various places around New Haven. 
Anyways, without further ado, some pictures and rambling comments!

Chicken Arepas from Ay Arepas. My favorite food cart around these parts of town. I forgot HOW much I loved these until I too my first bite into that sweet, cheesy, corn goodness.

Peach Pancakes from The Pantry! I really really wish I could just still live in the fad that is The Pantry, but while these pancakes were good, they weren't trekking-1-mile-worthy-good. The peaches weren't ripe enough, and the batter was a little salty. All in all, tasted very homemade, which is good, but also, I could have done better homemade. Oh well, I'll just stick to Benedict's and cinnamon roll pancakes next time.


A dinner of homemade cheese sticks and a roasted sweet potato. Cheese is a weird thing when melted. It looks so alarmingly sweaty and wrinkly when heated into a gob. Well, a delicious gob.
Mozzarella sticks recipe from Skinny Taste.
Anddddd a mug cake that could actually pass as a mug cake!
Yellow Mug Cake recipe from the book Mug Cakes: 100 Speedy Microwave Treats to Satisfy Your Sweet ToothThis was in one of the first preview pages. Needless to say, I will be buying this book at some point in my life. If I was cool and a pro-blogger, this would be an excellent giveaway. But I swear, I will never ever ever ever force you to like a page on Facebook for me. Hell, I won't even make a Facebook page since thats my own personal peeve about the giveaways I never win. That doesn't mean you're off the hook for things like twitter or tumblr though. Bwahahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment