Friday, August 2, 2013

Mac and Cheese Pizza: a la Parks and Rec

If Ron Swanson were here, he wouldn't even call my Mac and Cheese Pizza real food, let alone pizza. He'd probably call it rabbit-food, or no, Magikarp-food. Well, if he was into pokemon. Which he wouldn't be. Because, you know, real men hunt real animals.
Anyways, this pizza isn't about Ron Swanson. Maybe next time I'll make a bacon pizza with bacon-infused cheese with a bacon stuffed crust, but this pizza is for Leslie.
As a principle, I don't usually go for the carbs on carbs food combinations. Its typically way too bland for my taste. More specifically, mashed potato pizza is the worst. Even when its garlic mashed potato. Fortunately for mac and cheese, its cheesy goodness helps makes up for the carbs and carbs dilemma on this pizza. Oh, and the spinach and mushrooms I needed to get rid of anyways that I tossed in probably helped too.
Flattening out the pizza dough was probably the biggest struggle bus of the entire process. I bought premade dough, but it still needed to be rolled, or in this case stretched, tugged, yanked out into some semblance of a pizza shape. I then proceeded to not oil the foil enough and then slightly overcooked the pizza, resulting, in another struggle bus of cutting the pizza and peeling away the flow.
check out those poorly distributed breadcrumbs, yo.
Nonetheless, if I ever want carbs on carbs again, this is the way to do it. With maybe even more cheese next time. Man Leslie Knope is lucky to have Ben Wyatt.
Mac and Cheese recipe from SkinnyTaste (sorry, I couldn't bear the idea of whole-milk mac and cheese AND pizza).

No comments:

Post a Comment