Sunday, March 1, 2015

Spinach Pizza: Easy Peasy Hello Again

Hello again! Things have been rather quiet around here since 2014. Its been a solid 2 months of 2015 with no new blog posts. Meanwhile its March, the start of springtime birthday seasons, and yet its still snowing here. I'm having a particularly bitter relationship with the snow this year. I still maintain that it is quite beautiful when its fresh and in abundant quantities, but it makes doing life things really difficult. I've been trying to go to Trader Joe's literally since New Year's. Trader Joe's is sadly not within walking distance so I have to zipcar, but every trip I have reserved has had to be canceled due to snow/winter storm weather. Granted, I think that I could probably learn how to drive in light snow, but its really not something I'd like to do while wasting time on a zipcar, you know? Anyways, the gist is that snow is making me starve (not really because I can walk through the icy tundra of unsalted sidewalks to get to Stop and Shop, but I'm just exaggerating for dramatic effect).


Despite being limited to walking distance grocery stores that stock items in a confusing way, cooking, baking, and eating have been occurring to a relative degree. January was my last month of traveling for interviews, so I'm just finally getting back into the swing of having a kitchen I can restock on a regular schedule. And regularly restocked kitchens generally mean better food for Helen, and fewer sad American cheese quesadillas (truly my low point of this past year of real adulthood).


While this spinach pizza is only marginally more difficult to make than an American cheese quesadilla, it tastes significantly more amazing. Unless I just got really lucky this time around, I think I've finally found a whole wheat pizza crust recipe that I really like! Its soft, with maybe not as much crunch as you may like for a crust, but definitely not as chewy and dense as my last batch. Spinach is still my favorite leafy green (sorry kale), and its kinda hard to go wrong when you have both goat and mozzarella cheese. And that's basically it-spinach and cheese. No giant can of sauce for one tiny pizza! The cheese itself mixes and melts with the spinach to create a pseudo-white sauce.


I added some caramelized onions and mushrooms I had in my fridge to make the pizza even more delicious. See- adding in random ingredients I have in my fridge was totally something I couldn't do a few months back, so kitchen stocking success!
Pizza recipe from BudgetBytes.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough also from BudgetBytes.

As a generally blogging note, I think I'm going to start posting over weekends, ie Friday-Sunday rather than keeping myself to a strict 9AM Friday deadline. Thursday evenings can be kinda hard.

Bonus side note- Something I definitely don't need, but would totally want.

No comments:

Post a Comment