Sunday, June 2, 2013

Frites Frites Frites

In Belgium, an appropriate meal is a giant cone of fries with mayonnaise. I feel less terrible about my dinners that consist of me spooning peanut butter from a jar now.
This picture doesn't capture the massiveness of this cone. It was about the size of a bouquet of flowers. I'm neither a fries person either, so I'm embarrassed to say that I made it about 1/4 of the way before I was done. I'm not a fan of mayo, but when in Belgium, you kinda have to try the classic frites et mayo at least once. The fries are pretty thick cut, giving you a pretty decent amount of mashy after biting through the fried outside. The red sprinkles you may or may not see are part of the salt+maybe paprika(?) seasoning they gave the fries. That was pretty good. But, still definitely not a fan of fries. Nor of mayo. Nor of mayo and fries combined. (I swear, I'm not a picky eater.)
These were bought at some local grungy food dive in Mons, Belgium when I was there from the Dou Dou festival with other students. These types of dives are everywhere in Belgium (at least of the 3 cities I've seen so far) They sell frites, schawarma, wraps, ect ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment