Monday, May 20, 2013

Pumpkin Chai Cupcakes: Warm Things I Love

TWO posts in one day? TWO blog worthy baking adventures in ONE day?
I know, I'm making up for my 4 month dryspell away from baking thanks to the MCATs that were not to be. I'm also on a mission to bake as much as I can before I leave for Brussels this week where baking would be somewhat impractical given I should be spending my time eating waffles and chocolates and drinking beer.


Things I adore about these cupcakes:
  • The liners which I got from a very very dear friend for  a  the birthday last year. (wait, I only have one birthday per year)
  • The chai buttercream, which tasted surprisingly not only like chai, but GOOD considering that I usually hate basic butter+powdered sugar buttercreams.


Seriously, ya'll just gonna have to embrace pumpkin flavors in the heat of summer as the new cool. Haha. See how funny that was? Ok, no. Sorry. My mistake. Pretend I'm speaking like the Doctor a la Matt Smith and I'm totally allowed to blab on and on and on like this. (hand motions too).


Cupcake+frosting recipe from Dessert for Two. Obviously scaled to 2 persons for the blog, but that frosting was so good, I might have to scale it up for my baking partay. I'm also a bit embarrassed to say I even completely copied her piping job too. Imitation is the best form of flattery?
as you may have noticed, I haven't actually commented on how the cake tasted. mainly because I never tried it after all the other sugar I've consumed today. My taste testing minions  friends seemed to enjoy them though!

No comments:

Post a Comment