Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Pantry- aka hipster foodie adventure

I'm done with classes. I officially only have 1 more year of college. It's definitely starting to become summer here--rainstorms and greenness everything (oh how my definition of summer has changed). Sadly, no post-exams, post-MCAT baking or cooking. Well, not really post-MCAT, because those are to be repeated, but thats a separate story. They say that you shouldn't celebrate life achievements with food for dieting reasons, but hey man, you only have so many meals in your life and you gotta find every reason for them to be decadent every once in a while.

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
I've been crashing with some friends who have on-campus housing during the commencement period, and today we decided to be like real people and walk 1.7 miles into East Rock to have a typical Sunday Brunch at The Pantry. Sunday Brunch. Sunday Brunch is what I think about when I watch Sex and the City, if I were the type of person to watch Sex and the City. Classy, semi-awkward mixes of savory and sweet at a not-quite late enough time where you won't get hungry before dinner (no matter how much you ate). Maybe a mimosa. If I drank mimosas (to be determined). But asides from holiday meals, Sunday Brunches are defined by decadence and lavishness. Only the best of the best can be dedicated to Sunday Brunch. 

CA Eggs Benedict
I think just these two meager iPhone photos give a pretty clear idea of what decadence means. When I talk about decadence, I by all means only care about the food, as any hipster foodie would. Who cares about the glamour of a Sex in the City brunch when you can have authentic classic old-fashioned brunch in a tiny off the beaten path local classic? Seriously, this place is tiny, but its food is definitely not (oh god, did I really just write that sentence).  

note: I had help with the pancakes. And we only each ate half a pancake in addition to our own Benedicts. Pancakes for dinner anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment