Friday, January 24, 2014

Green Tea Ice Cream

This post is coming at the most seasonally inappropriate time ever. The high for the next week is 37, an outlier compared to the average 20 degrees on most days here. I have to wear leggings under my pants. I have to wear god-forbid-boots. I get to slip on frozen over slush and compact snow. It's all quite wonderful. 


While I do think snow is beautiful, I am not a fan of trekking in the cold or of weather that makes cold delicious things like ice cream and salads not ok to eat. I mean, usually I ignore those conventions anyways and still eat the ice cream, but I don't think I've been this cold since Freshmen year. THREE YEARS AGO.


I pine for the days when I will be able to eat ice cream again without completely freezing. Maybe when its 50 degrees again. Although since this is green tea ice cream, you could argue that since tea is sometimes consumed warm, that offsets the cold?


Anyways, this green tea ice cream was heavy on the green tea. This was my first non-egg custard style ice cream and while I was worried at first that might result in ice cream that was less creamy or more icy, it turned out to be just as silky as the other ice creams I've made. While I found the intense flavor to be enjoyable, I can easily understand why others may not enjoy the bitter taste. I'll probably only use 2 or 1.5 tablespoons if I use this recipe next time. And, it'll save me some money on green tea powder. Because, man, that stuff is pretty expensive. But delicious!



Recipe from Just One Cookbook, originally posted by Sweets by Sillianah, adapted from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz and Live Love Pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment